As part of their recent expansion, the Oklahoma City Tennis Center at Will Rogers Park is adding a 125’ x 300’ fabric structure for year-round indoor tennis. They chose Legacy Building Solutions to design and install the custom fabric tennis stadium.
The new indoor sports arena meets USTA regulations for indoor tennis. The six-court recreation facility has a rigid-steel frame and PVC fabric cladding. The outside fabric is tan with green trim to blend in with other sports buildings on campus, and the white interior provides a clean backdrop for players and spectators.
Other architectural features of the fabric sports arena include fire sprinklers and ceiling-mounted LED light fixtures. R-30 insulation and a climate control system for year-round comfort. Three-foot overhangs, gutters and downspouts control the flow of water and provide a dry area next to the tennis building.
After completion, novice and competitive players alike will use the fabric recreation building. The Tennis Center at Oklahoma City is one of the largest public park facilities in the United States and hosts over 60 tournaments per year. In addition to the six indoor tennis courts in the fabric structure, the current expansion includes six dedicated youth tennis courts.
Net installation and other finishing touches are still being completed. The grand opening of the fabric sports dome is scheduled for January 2016.
Take a fly-through the completed project, one of the largest in the U.S., with this video.
Here are some of the details of the finished project:
- Primed steel rigid frame system
- Interior profile complies with USTA standards including ideal sidewall and peak heights
- Seaman 8028 PVDF architectural fabric exterior with insulation and interior liner utilizing 12oz. flame-retardant PE fabric
- Frames and bracing system engineered to support HVAC system, large fans, divider curtains and lighting system
- Interior space accessories include bright white liner, LED lighting system, backdrop curtains, divider netting, player seating and HVAC system
- Active and passive ventilation systems installed for energy efficiency and year-round use
- 36-inch overhangs with gutters and downspouts
- Life cycle of structure exceeds 20 years of quality performance
- LBS crews installed the complete structure in less than 30 days
- 10 psf ground snow, 90 mph windspeed, wind exposure C, seismic B, enclosed, fully exposed, standard hazard